The Thomas Guide® and Street Guide Digital Edition Features and Requirements
Many of the Thomas Guide® and Rand McNally Street Guides include CD-ROM software that supplements the print edition and offers a wealth of additional info.
- Maps that match the Thomas Guide® map book page for page
- Wider coverage areas to supplement and enhance print editions
- Power to create custom maps and place individualized markers
- Ability to download additional layers of information from the Internet onto the maps
- Ability to quickly find addresses and points of interest
- High-quality color map display and print capabilities
Some stand-alone Thomas Guide Digital Edition Cd-Rom titles are available separate from the print edition Thomas Guide® map books.
System requirements for 2005 Editions:
- Microsoft® Windows® 95 or higher
- Intel® Pentium® 200 MHz processor
- 32 MB RAM
- SVGA 800 x 600 256-color display
- 60 MB hard drive space
- Internet connection for advanced features
System requirements for 2006 Editions:
- Microsoft® Windows® 95 / 98 or Windows NT 4.0 or later
- Microsoft® Windows® 98 (with Y2K update)/Windows® NT 4.0 or later/Windows® ME/Windows® 2000/Windows® XP
- Intel® Pentium® 400 processor or higher
- SVGA 800 x 600 display (minimum 256K Color)
- Double speed CD-ROM drive
- 64MB RAM
- 90 - 120MB of free disk space
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer 4.01 SP2 or later
- For full feature capabilities, you will also need an Internet connection
Note: CD-ROM must be in local drive; hard drive installation is not supported. CD-ROM may not be shared over a network.
**The ToolBox Cd-Rom was discontinued!
The ToolBox was used as a companion to any Thomas Guide Digital Edition or Rand McNally cd-rom and allowed you to locate hundreds of addresses and to place points automatically, as well as query and analyze your custom map data. The ToolBox contained a full set of computer drawing tools, helping you to control the way your map appears. With the ToolBox, you were able to send your maps quickly and easily by email.